Volume 2, Issue 1, March 2017, Page: 31-36
Factors That Affect Participation of Households in “Iqub” in Arba Minch Town: A Case of Wuha Minch Kebele
Getasew Kegne Wondim, Department of Statistics, Arba Minch University, Arba Minch’, Ethiopia
Received: Dec. 29, 2016;       Accepted: Jan. 13, 2017;       Published: Feb. 9, 2017
DOI: 10.11648/j.ajdmkd.20170201.14      View  1633      Downloads  41
Abstract
The main objective of this research was to identify factors that affect participation of households in “Iqub”in Arba Minch town Wuha Minch Kebele. To reach the aim, the data have been collected largely through questionnaire from 85 households selected by simple random sample out of 1925 total population during the time of study conducted. The results of this study showed that 76.5% of households were participated and the remaining 23.5% were not participated. Household participation was associated with Age, occupation, changes in living standard, income, Expenditure.
Keywords
Participation of Households, Binary Logistic Regression, Odds Ratio
To cite this article
Getasew Kegne Wondim, Factors That Affect Participation of Households in “Iqub” in Arba Minch Town: A Case of Wuha Minch Kebele, American Journal of Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery. Vol. 2, No. 1, 2017, pp. 31-36. doi: 10.11648/j.ajdmkd.20170201.14
Copyright
Copyright © 2017 Authors retain the copyright of this article.
This article is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/) which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Reference
[1]
Abbi M. Kedir (2005). The Economics of Rotating Savings and Credit Association: Evidence from Ethiopia.
[2]
Agresti, A. (1990). An introduction to categorical data analysis. John Wiley and Sons, Inc., New York.
[3]
Besley, T. (1995a) Nonmarket Institutions for Credit and Risk Sharing in Low Income Countries Journal of Economic Perspectives 9 (3): 115-127.
[4]
Callier, P. (1990) Informal Finance: The Rotatings Savings and Credit Association an Interpretation. Kyklos, vol. 43 (2): 273-276.
[5]
Cochran, W. G. (1977). Sampling Techniques, 3rd Ed, John Wiley and Sons, Inc., New York.
[6]
COPAC (2000a). “Open Forum on Decent Work: Can cooperatives make a difference?” A paper presented to COPAC open forum. Geneva accessed on October/12/4/2013.
[7]
COPAC (2000b). “Strategic Alliances: cooperatives, farmers and rural workers’ organizations.” A COPAC commissioned study Geneva accessed on October/12/4/2013.43.
[8]
Destahun H. (2008). Cooperative Approach to Local Development.
[9]
Gray, T. W. and Kraenzle, C. A. (1998). Member Participation in Agricultural Cooperatives.
[10]
Hailu A. (2007). An Assessment of the Role of Cooperatives in Local Economic Development. Unpublished thesis, Addis Ababa University.
[11]
Menard, S. (1995). Applied logistic regression Analysis, 5 age publications series; quantitative applications in the social science, No. 106.
[12]
Tenaw, S. (2007a). The Role of Informal Co-ops in Peace Building at the local Level in North West Ethiopia. Cooperatives and the Pursuit of Peace, Joy Emmanuel & Ian Macpherson, Victoria, Canada.
[13]
Tenaw, S. (2007b). Background information about Azezzo Cooperatives and the Pursuit of Peace, Joy Emmanuel & Ian Macpherson, Victoria, Canada.
[14]
Tenaw, S. (2007c). Background information about Azezzo Co-operatives and the Pursuit of Peace, Joy Emmanuel & Ian Macpherson, Victoria, Canada.
Browse journals by subject